Wow! That’s quite a title to this post! How would I know what to do? Who am I…Gandhi? Jesus? Buddha? Mother Teresa? In a very real way, we are all these beings we treasure. And, this means, we all have access to their Divine Wisdom to know how to effectively and peacefully bring about world peace. I’ve been tapping into it for over a decade now. It is my intention to explain here how you can tap into it, too…unless you’ve already been doing it. Then, you know what I’m writing about here. Perhaps, this is a notice to practice peace effectively more consciously on a daily basis because…
Time Is Of Essence. Global pressure has been building and is currently at a high level. The butterfly effect of the recent Ukraine invasion has produced ripples into everyone’s heart, mind, and energy fields. No matter the degree we are focusing on the invasion, it is affecting us all. Why? Why this invasion when there have been others in recent history? Why is this Russian/Ukraine issue producing such global concern and focus?
Old Energy. It’s old energy. It’s outdated energy. For those of us who know that pure, positive energy is blasting around, to, and through Earth, this surfacing of old, outdated invasion-of-another-country energy is triggering us into awareness. (And, for this awareness, we can be thankful. Not thankful for the event, but for the result of the event that allowed us to be brought into awareness.)
We can see two main responses to this awareness: some people are in anger and action while others are going within utilizing Earth’s connective grid and unseen positive energies to bring about newness.
Out With The Old and In With The New. This newness is kicking old energy to the curb. This newness is lighter, feels really good, feels like relief, feels like layers of heavy garbage being lifted off, feels like, “Oh! This is the way we are truly meant to live.” It’s where we all are headed, but as many of us as possible need to heed the awareness and practice daily, conscious focus on peace as described below because time is of essence.
Fortunately, there are some humans who have a strong protective, soldier energy within them. (We all have this energy within us, but some of us have it so strong that it’s a life style or a career choice.) These are the ones who felt called to be part of the military, Peace Corps, or other organizations who can make hands-on impact. Many thanks to these brave people. As long as this type of response is done with peace energy vs. anger energy, it will be effective. Anger vs. anger creates anger.
Our Grand Human Opportunity Is Here…Now. Choice. We all have choice when it comes to anything that surfaces in our lives. I’ve written this statement over and over in my posts and books that Divine Wisdom gave me years ago: “You are never stuck. Your child is never stuck. You always have options with everything.”
It is choice time for every single human to decide not only with big situations like the Ukraine situation, but with every day situations such as experiencing rude driving, gossiping, political inconsistencies, or financial concerns what will be my choice response and how will I do it?
It is choice that we catch ourselves when being triggered with life’s current events and say, “Ah ha! I caught myself being pulled out of peace. I choose peace even though ______________ is happening.” Then, a re-centering happens and POP! we return back into peace knowing that this is adding onto all the other people popping back into peace consciously. (And, when you do this, parents, you are modeling a very important life strategy for your kids. The younger Earthlings also add unto Earth’s peace by being guided back to their own peace and tapping into Divine Wisdom.)
Effective peacemaking can be done both on the ground in conflict location and from the chair in which you sit…right now. Will you choose to tap into the Divine Wisdom that is literally within you at the Soul level that Jesus, Mother Teresa, Buddha, Gandhi, and others demonstrated for us?
This is one way to tap into Divine Wisdom:
- Get settled in your body. This means to focus on your body. Feel yourself in your body. Sense that you are more than skin, organs, and bones. There is a vitality running through each of your cells. There is a buzz, energy, or vibe that permeates you. When you sense it, it’ll feel good…really good. It’ll feel peaceful. (You can do this while driving your car, but be sure to keep your senses alert, eyes open, and your driving awareness keen.)
- See your energy or see this vibe being extended out from you about five to ten feet in a sphere.
- Ask for the Highest White Light to surround you and this sphere for protection permanently and completely.
- Shoot down from your feet into Earth a thick column of white light. Go as far as you’d like… something like five miles deep or deeper into Earth.
- Shoot up from your head into deep space a thick column of white light. Go as far as you’d like. See where your column of white light goes.
- While maintaining these columns of white light that run from the depths of Earth through your entire body up out of your head to space and your sphere of white light, see others around the globe doing the same thing…because they really are!
- See your white light literally connecting with their beams, columns, and spheres of white light creating a network of connection. Soon, you’ll see that the Earth is covered with white light.
This light comes from deep within Earth, a Divine being just like we are, to the surface and around the globe and also connecting with white light of beings (angels, Jesus, Mother Teresa, Buddha, Gandhi and others) so that Earth becomes a brilliant, huge ball of white light for all of the galaxy to witness. It’s beautiful! In this state, peace abounds.
Negativity can not exist in the presence of white light. Period. This is why this conscious peacemaking from your chair is so effective. It is real. It is extremely helpful to kicking old energy to the curb where it is disintegrated into nothingness or no-thing. It is replaced with the powerful, wonderful, loving white light of peace.
Sense your body now. Feels pretty good, right? This practice can be done in one minute.
- It can be done while waiting for a red light to turn green.
- It can be done while waiting to see the dentist.
- It can be done while waiting to pick up your kids from school.
- It can be done right before you fall asleep.
- It can be done before you rise in the morning.
- It can be done while doing dishes, laundry, or mowing the grass.
AND, it can be done:
- when someone gossips about you
- when someone cuts you off while driving
- when someone takes your parking spot
- when someone on TV says something stupid, biased, manipulative, or misleading
- when someone irritates you
Soon, you’ll find that you maintain this state of white light awareness all the time. It is effective peacemaking while you live your day. It’s lovely world, yes?
It’s March and it’s time for the mid-year school check up. Or, is it a check in? Certainly, it is NOT a check out! It could be a check with or a check about… No matter how you want to name it, March is an excellent time to see how things are going, make adjustments, and make plans for the remainder of the school year.
Suggestions for doing this well, peacefully, and with your teen’s cooperation:
- Contact Teachers. If it is not near the time for an end of a quarter when you’ll be receiving an official report card, contact your child’s teachers for an updated social and academic progress. How best to obtain your child’s teachers’ attentions is thoroughly explained in Chapter 11 titled “Parent Communication” in my book, Creating and Managing for Wonderful, Awesome, Successful, and Thrilling Middle School Experiences, but for now in this blog I’ll just state the best way to obtain the teachers’ attentions is by email.
- Gather All The Information. Use many points of information non-judgmentally, from an observer’s point of view, to have a co-creative conversation planned ahead of time – meaning, it’s on the family calendar and not sprung on your child, to co-creatively create solutions for a better, smoother, easier, more cooperative, and more pleasant slide into the summer months from this point forward. These points of information can include, but are not limited to: the updated social and academic progress report from your child’s teachers, a list of what happens in your child’s daily routine, a list of what happens in your child’s weekly routine, a mental check in (on a scale of 1-10, how do you feel you are handling all the elements of your life?), an emotional check in (how to do you feel about these things?), a check in with your child’s sports, or extracurricular coaches/leaders…in other words, it’s a thorough check in you’re doing with your child. Gather all the information from all parts of your teen’s life.
- Begin Co-Creatively. How you do this conversation will directly affect the rest of your conversations with your child. If this one goes poorly, confrontationally, or negatively, your teen will not ever want to have another conversation with you again. So, with any topic, you always have options with how this conversation goes/occurs/unfurls. Assuming you enjoy peaceful conversations and want to always have open, pleasant conversation with your child, begin stating these things such as, “I love you more than you’ll ever know or understand until you’re a parent. This is a co-creative conversation meaning you and I have equal say and input. I value how you see things from your perspective, and I am most interested in hearing what you have to say. We are on the same team. I’m excited about creating solutions with you because you know our family lives in The Land of Possibility.”
- Create Two Lists. From an observer’s point of view only, unemotionally, and non-judgmentally, discuss what is going well. List each and every item. Hopefully, this list will be super long! What’s a challenge? List each and every item. This is the list that will be the focus for solutions.
- Create a L O N G list of solutions. This is the fun part! Living in The Land of Possibility IS fun! List all the possibilities without judgement. Just list ’em! Listing ideas doesn’t mean they’re going to happen. It means you and your child are going to dive deep into possibilities. It means you and your child are going to dwell, bask, soak, stay, lounge, loll, and enjoy the positive energy that comes from listing possibilities. This is super important! Have fun! Keep this list because it is so empowering. Add more to it in the days, months, years to come.
- Decide what will create a win-win outcome. This is when your longer human experience than your child’s human experience comes into play. You can guide your child to the possible solutions that are reasonable and doable, will create a win-win solution, and will have long-lasting positive effect. Guiding here is optimal. Allow your child to feel he or she is picking the solutions… that you agree with. The ownership with the solutions will serve you, your child, and your family well. If your child picks the solution instead of you telling which ones will work best, your child has ownership. There is a MUCH higher chance of success if your child feels he or she is selecting from the options. My daughter tells me now that she always knew she had choice and options and felt I allowed her to make her own decisions, but realizes that I was always right there guiding her. This is empowered parenting! This is co-creative parenting at its best!
- Reiterate options. So that you can always have these conversations in the future for any subject, repeat, repeat, repeat that you are on the same team, that you always have option with everything, and that your family lives in The Land of Possibility all the time.
Enjoy the benefits of this type of parenting. Relish in it. Pat yourself on the back. Say out loud, “I’m am awesome parent! I love being a parent! Parenting is fun!” Enjoy!
So many times, we feel tossed about that life is swirling out of control around us. We get so twisted around that we want it to stop. This experience is the opposite of being grounded and balanced. It’s easier to talk about the opposite because it is all too familiar.
Being grounded and balanced is being able to find one’s calm in the midst of the hurricane. It’s knowing all is well despite any exterior circumstances. It’s knowing Who You Really Are from an eternal perspective. It’s a wellbeing calm that supersedes current and future situations, conversations, and events. It’s starting every day with an awareness that life is more than daily activities. It’s a constant connection to Divine Source superseding all Earthly transactions. It’s conducting one’s business through this awareness and perspective. Being grounded and balance takes effort, focus, and awareness, but is so worth it. It is essential to fully living one’s life path.
How many times do you witness your kids out of control? Overly emotional? Overly secluded? Defiant? You may say to them, “Cut it out! Calm down! Be quiet! Stop the drama!” What you are trying to say is, “Be grounded! Find your balance!”
So this blog’s information is for both the older humans on life journeys and the younger humans on life journeys.
We humans automatically implement a grounding and balancing action on a daily basis. It’s called sleeping. Interesting how this is an accepted, natural action that everyone does on a daily basis. It is required for our healthy living! But, what about the other techniques? Especially, the ones that can be done during the day? These are sometimes perceived as weird or strange. To me, they are as natural as sleeping.
Move, Walk, Exercise
The Divine Source life force is all around us…literally. And, when this life force isn’t in our bodies, we die. It’s called air. It is the single most important part of our Earthly living. When noticing you don’t feel grounded or balanced in your life, go for a walk and get air into your body. Breathe deeply. Exercise – even if it is right in your seat. You can move your body while stationary. Stretch and breathe.
Color, fabric type, cloth placement, and functionality of our clothes can affect us. The brighter the color, the better, comfortable fabric is best, how the cloth interacts with one’s body, and the clothes’ usefulness are all contributors to being irritated or feeling grounded and balanced as we go about our day. Changing clothes is very effective in altering one’s status. Many people change clothes after work to indicate a new period of activity has begun. We change clothes upon awakening from slumber to enter a new period of living. Consider changing clothes like changing one’s mindset. It works!
Hold Rocks, Crystals, Water
These grounding items literally are connected to Earth’s ground so it is not only symbolic, but a real technique for calming in midst of life’s swirl. Think of water and how it travels to every part of the Earth in one way or another. It carries Divine Source in it – hydrogen and oxygen. When you hold, drink, or look at water, you are connecting with all of Earth. The same water the dinosaurs drank is the same water you are drinking because water never leaves the Earth’s system. It is recycled and cleaned by Earth. Drinking water has the same effect especially when it is thoughtfully or mindfully drunk. Literally, you are drinking the Earth!
Think of crystals. They hold tight to the ground. It requires force to remove them from the ground. This tight connection with Earth can be transferred to you as you hold a crystal in your hands or next to your heart, or even just view them.
The same goes for rocks. Many are incredibly large. Mammoth. Just looking at one or touching one is grounding. How far has a rock traveled that shows up lakeside? Or, in a forest? What is its story? Are you already feeling calm just pondering these things?
Meditate, Listen To Music
Music has the ability to transform us from irritated to elated. The sound waves of meditative music are soothing so the music choice definitely can influence how well this works. Classical music’s sound waves are known to have positive effect as well as the sound of waves lapping the shoreline or the sound waves from a rainstorm.
Meditating can be done anywhere and nearly any time. You at work or your child at school can go into a bathroom stall to meditate for at least 30 seconds. Let’s do it now: Close your eyes. Breathe deeply with a long exhale. Do this three times, if possible. See a connection starting from Earth as a bright white light shooting though the bottom of you feet to the top of your head progressing to the heavens. The white light expands into every part of your body. Its loving light envelopes you expanding in every direction completely filling a 5′ sphere around you. Take three more deep breaths and open your eyes. Feeling better? Yes!
Longer meditations are wonderful as well. Experiment with different choices of places, things, music, guided or not guided, background sound, and oh so many options!
Rearrange Furniture, Paint, Redecorate
Take a look around your office and home. What is stagnant? Where is a place new energy could be utilized to create balance? It could be as simple as moving a plant to a new location. Or, it could be a fun as painting a room. Again, brighter colors hold more positive energy.
Your child is never stuck. You are never stuck. You always have options with everything. The same is for grounding practices that bring about balance. Implement them into your life so that your children can see how you find your calm in the midst of a hurricane. Perhaps, you take three minutes to do this in the car before watching the soccer game with the other parents. Maybe, you consciously drink water while thanking it for its refreshment before an intense meeting. You have options with everything!
It’s January…a new year. Time to go for those new year’s resolutions. When having a quiet time today, I asked Source what was the best way for me to lose weight and gain body balance. The response? My thoughts.
Hmmmmmmm….seems like a pretty easy weight loss program! Then I got more information. Since thoughts create reality, my thoughts are the #1 tool to gaining body balance. “Mindful eating” came to me as well as “mindful non-eating.” That means be mindful when eating as well as when I’m not eating because the moments before eating are just as important as those when I am having breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Ah ha! It made sense and I loved the simplicity. Mindful exercise and mindful non-exercise. Mindful water drinking and mindful non-drinking. So it’s mindfulness all the time. It means keeping my thoughts positive toward the weight loss process which includes patience, patience, patience.
Of course, this can be applied to parenting: mindful all the time of our thoughts regarding our children, their progress, their life stages, their annoyances, their struggles, their successes, and so forth.
If mindfulness seems to be a daunting task, it’s worth giving it a try. Just setting the intention to be aware of your thoughts will bring about awareness if your thoughts are for you, for your children, and for your life or if they’re working against you.
Now, that’s empowerment! Because being aware is always the first step in being an empowered parent. Now you can choose your thoughts. You can shift from “I’m so glad my child is the smartest math child in her class,” to “I’m so glad my child is succeeding in math with such an awesome teacher.” Or shift from, “I’m pissed that John didn’t make his bed this morning,” to “I’m going to discuss tonight our options with the bed making routine.”
Living mindfully all the time, or as much as we can, empowers us 100% of the time we use this life skill. It provides opportunity to evaluate our thoughts to see if they’re working for us or not, and to change them. So much better than just living our lives with random thoughts creating our realities and then wondering why some beneficial and some not-so beneficial events happen in our lives. Mindfulness is quite empowering!